Doug Jotzke 2014 Board Bio
Doug Jotzke Bio:
My experiences professionally and personally make me an excellent candidate for Iowa Rush Board membership. Professionally, I am devoted to helping companies run more efficiently. My skills will help assess club resources and use them to their highest good of the organization. I have had experience in multiple clubs as a player, referee, parent, and coach, and have extensive experience in training programs for players and referees. I have learned from professionals at the highest levels of soccer, and look forward to applying that knowledge to make Iowa Rush the strongest club in Iowa, and a powerhouse among Midwest teams.
I have worked to improve the culture around me at every opportunity, from training young referees to founding the Des Moines chapter of the American Outlaws with my wife, who has served as Chapter President since our founding in 2010. Together, we built the Des Moines chapter to become AO chapter #38 in 2010, long before many larger markets were able to reach full chapter status.
I have devoted my life to improving the quality of soccer in Iowa and the US for more than 25 years, and I am excited to bring that experience to improving Iowa Rush in every way possible.
- Started playing with Southridge Soccer Club at the age of 8 in 1977, joined Soccer West at U14.
- Selected for U15 and U17 ODP teams and played many regional tournaments.
- Roosevelt High School Soccer from 1985 – 1988, four years Varsity, three years All Conference.
- Carnegie Mellon University (DIII) in Pittsburgh, PA four years Varsity Soccer team.
- Counselor at University of Virginia Soccer Camp
- Youth Soccer Coach Ames Soccer Club 1993 – 1996, Iowa United (Now Menace Soccer Club) 1996, Northwest Soccer Club 2009 – 2011, Iowa Rush 2011 - present (Academy and Recreational)
- “E” Level US Soccer coaching license.
- Started refereeing in 1988 in Des Moines.
- US Soccer National Referee 2000-2010, officiating nationally at youth, adult, regional, and national tournaments.
- Officiated in the USL1 (2nd Division Pro League) in Minnesota and Portland.
- Officiated Des Moines Menace games from the inception through 2011.
- Referee Assessor (State Level) since 2000.
- College Referee since 1992 (NCAA and NAIA locally and regionally including Big 12, Big 10, and Missouri Valley men and women).
- Mechanical Engineering degree from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Design Engineer, Quality Engineer, and Engineering Manager at Dee Zee Manufacturing (1992-2001), Maytag (2001-06), The Baking Company of Boone (2006-08), Katecho Inc (2008-12), and Accumold (2012-present).
- Green Belt Certified and Black Belt Trained in Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing Methods.
- Grew up in Des Moines and presently own an historic house in Des Moines.
- Married 18 years to Tanya Keith and have 2 children, Aviva (11) and Raphael (6).
- Co-founder and VP of the Des Moines chapter of the American Outlaws US Soccer Supporters Club.
- Travel extensively to watch US Soccer men’s and women’s national team games (5 World Cups and over 35 games around the US and the world).