On August 17th, twelve Iowa Rush players juggled for a great cause in the first ever Juggle-thon! Their efforts helped to raise $750.00 for the Ankeny Miracle League and Playground, which is a facility specifically designed for children with disabilities. The Miracle League Field & All-Inclusive Playground is located in Hawkeye Park in Ankeny and will provide children with special needs and their families:
· A non-competitive co-ed baseball league
· A custom field made of cushioned, rubberized turf that is flat and free from obstacles
· A network of “Buddies” to teach, assist and protect players during play
· A 100% accessible playground on a rubberized surface
· A playground that focuses on maximum “play value” with an emphasis on inclusive play
· A sensory rich playground experience catering to kids with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities
Iowa Rush was able to present our donation last Saturday, September 7th, to Ryan Penning and the Ankeny Miracle League at their home opener. Joining Executive Director Paul Fabry and Chair of the Fall Family Fun Day Committee Candice Fabry for the check presentation were three players who hit the 1,000 juggle mark at the juggle-thon (left to right in photo); Ashley Harrington, Emma DeCosta, and Luke DeCosta.
Iowa Rush would like to thank all the players who participated in the Juggle-thon, and all those who donated to the Ankeny Miracle League Field & All-Inclusive Playground. For more information on the Ankeny Miracle League Field & All-Inclusive Playground, please click on their website: http://www.ankenymiracleleague.com/.
We look forward to holding future Juggle-thons to benefit great causes and efforts in our Ankeny community and the greater Des Moines metro area.