JOHN C. BRANDT
Interest in Rush Board Position
I believe the Iowa Rush Soccer Club has made tremendous strides over the last few years. I do believe that the next couple of years will be critical to the future success of the Iowa Rush. I have been busy coaching and traveling with soccer the last few years but believe it is time to give back to the club that has provided a great opportunity for my children. I believe my experience with the Des Moines Menace, coaching, watching all five of my children “grow-up” with soccer and service on other not-for-profit Boards can be an asset to the Iowa Rush Soccer Club.
- Married (Lauri), five children – Carter, Mary, Sarah, Meg, and Michael.
- Lived in Ankeny for over 15 years.
- Three kids currently in Rush Soccer. Sarah (U18G), Meg (U17G) and Michael (U13B) with the Iowa Rush and Mary, former Rush player, playing at UNI.
- CPA, Spent six years in public accounting with KPMG and one year with McCoy and Co., PC.
- Two years as CFO of a health care entity and 13 years in Senior Management with Concentra Medical Centers.
- Two and a half years as General Manager of the Des Moines Menace/Stadium Foundation
- oResponsible for all facets of the PDL team (operations, financial, sponsorship, marketing, tournaments-JFG and others) and the development of the Menace Academy.
- oHad the opportunity to meet with representatives of Juventus and AJAX regarding youth soccer development.
- oHeaded up all aspects of the Stadium Foundation – established to build a soccer specific stadium in the Des Moines Metro area.
- The last five years I have been consulting and working with start-up companies
- Founder and Co-Owner of Omega Concrete Mixers
- Founder and Co-Owner of EPo Energy, LLC (Solar and Wind Power)